Translate

Sunday, September 7, 2008

MILLER FAMILY ~ Houston, Jr. and Martha

Here is a photo of the same couple from my previous post but taken many years later: Houston Ray (Jr.) and Martha Ann Miller. My cousin Bonnie posted this on our "My Family" site a few years back.
 

When I first saw the photo I was determined that it could not be Houston Jr. and his wife, that it must be Houston Sr. and his second wife Mathilda. Today I sat down and compared the two and now believe Bonnie is right, this is Houston Jr. and Martha. Amazing how a few decades can change a person!

No date on the photo, maybe someone out there can give an educated guess with these facts:  

  1. Houston Ray Miller, Jr. born: October 1839 died: May 29, 1908

  2. Martha Ann Gregory born: February 7, 1841 died: July 18, 1904

  3. As mentioned in the previous post, they married November 3, 1861 (Houston 22 yr old, Martha 20 yr old)

I'm guessing this was taken while they were in their forties, perhaps the late 1880's? They both have dark hair, no visible greying except Houston's beard. Houston's beard really throws me, it is something men wore in the early to mid 19th Century.

No comments: